Morning Drop-Off Procedures (7:45-8:10 a.m.)
1. All parents are strongly encouraged to not drop students off on the Pedretti Road side of the building andto use the Robben Lane drop off procedures.
2. All parents are strongly encouraged to use the Drop-and-Go procedures off of Robben Lane and to refrain from parking the car and walking the children to school. It is safer to do so with far fewer persons having to cross at the crosswalk and walk between moving vehicles. Also, we are trying to teach the children to be responsible for themselves and find their own way to the classroom. They would do this on a daily basis if they were being brought to school on buses. The only exception to this is when students need help carrying large projects into the building. For those occasions, park in the West lot and help your child use the painted crosswalk to get to the building.
3. When entering the school yard in the morning, use the traffic flow pattern shown below.
4. Drivers must pull forward as much as possible along the white line. Please do not leave car lengths between cars.
5. Children should be ready to exit the right side of the car when the car is on the white line.
6. Crossing guards are the only people to cross the waiting children. PLEASE FOLLOW AND RESPECT THEIR DIRECTIONS.
Morning traffic pattern is as follows:
Afternoon Pick-Up Procedures: Please see the Afternoon Dismissal Parking Lot Diagram and Dismissal Procedures under the Parents-Safety drop-down menu.
Parking During School Hours
1. When coming to school between the hours of 8:10 a.m. and 2 p.m., please park as close to school as possible and only in designated parking spaces. The entire west portion of the parking lot from the heavy white line to Robben Lane is needed for class and lunch recesses during the school day. This especially applies to those who will be here for long periods of time working in church, the school, the library, the cafeteria, or on a field trip.
2. During the hours of 9 a.m. until 2 p.m., carefully enter and leave the school lot by way of the driveway off of Delhi Pike parallel to the funeral home.
1. Students are expected to walk directly to school or home from school.
2. Cross streets only at intersections or designated crosswalks.
3. Avoid cutting across all yards, gardens, or private property.
4. Come to the office to call home if remaining at school.
5. Bicycles or scooters are to be walked to the bike rack upon coming onto the school property.
6. Walkers and bicycle riders are to leave the school grounds immediately upon dismissal.
1. Running games should not be played while waiting for the bell before school begins in the morning. Students should stand near the area where they enter school. Students will be admitted to the building at 7:50 a.m. During inclement weather students may assemble in the lunchroom until 7:50 a.m.
2. Play is permitted in assigned areas only.
3. No dangerous objects may be thrown or kicked.
4. Rough games involving shoving or pushing are forbidden.
5. Walk to lines when the bell rings at assembly.
6. When coming to school when students are on the playground, parents are to enter and leave the lot with extreme caution, are not permitted to interact with any students on the playground, and are not permitted to take children from the playground without having prior permission from the school office.
7. Students may bring balls from home for use on the playground; however, students should not bring toys or games of any sort to school.